Fruit Crate Label Collection
This OMEKA exhibit of Yakima Valley Libraries' fruit crate label collection provides information about the development, production and ultimate use of fruit crate labels.
Exhibit navigation links
- Fruit Crate Labels: click on any label to see the label record.
- Label History: the development of advertising, brand names and national markets.
- Lithographers and Printers: the technologies and people involved in the design and production of fruit crate labels.
- Growers and Packers: a few details about the companies and people who issued the labels in this collection.
- Origins of the Northwest Apple Box : a bit of background on the crate that carried the labels.
- Bibliography: resources consulted in the creation of this exhibit.
More in-depth information is available in the YVL Digital Repository link provided in each label record.
*Special thanks to Doug Riddle and Jack Gaudette for their assistance in the curation of this collection.